Monday, June 4, 2018

New Beginnings -

I finally took the first step in creating the support network needed when I was first diagnosed in 2016. Many Cancer related forums seem to be more informative, which is good, but much of their content can be up to five years old. Cancer treatments are evolving extraordinarily fast, especially in the early detection stage. But more often than not, some of these sites can be overwhelming to a newly diagnosed patient. They can be chock full of "do-this or don't", ads, and misinformation. I would feel exhausted after visiting certain sites. Discouraged and ready to quit. 


But I realized that part of the healing process is not just physical, but spiritual. Not necessarily in the religious sense, but mental. The attitude we have as we carry this burden; the fear that stops us from asking more about potential treatments; the mental anguish in not knowing what to do; the "why me" that echoes in our head.

All this served to burden my healing process and I believe that by finally accepting my health situation I was able to let it go. What we resist persists, and I made up my mind to find the solution to the weariness within. In essence, not just going thru it but growing thru it.


So I finally took my first step towards healing by implementing my creative skills to inspire others.
Not in a loud-shouting way, but in the quite whisper of reinforcing/uplifting messages that people can benefit from. We all want to find a cure for Cancer, especially Pediatric. Until then I hope that some of my postcards inspire others to continue their journey with dignity, encouragement, and loving support.

You are a Warrior.


No comments:

Post a Comment