Thursday, January 31, 2019

The impression that I get.

If you've kept up with my little blog you'll note that last week was a semi-dark time. Hearing the word "progression" come out of my Doctor's mouth was enough to give pause to any hope I had of recovery. Not a cure, I know that, but some added time of which I would benefit from some future medical development. Some unforeseen discovery that is just around the corner. But in that moment when looking at the scans, trying to disseminate the weird shapes from the normal shapes, the mind going numb, only hearing partial words like "larger", "denser", "not responsive"... it really brought me to my knees, spiritually.

Funny thing about darkness though. It never lasts.


 I have another Oncologist from whom I rely to get second opinions from and she had a largely different assessment regarding my health. Without going into details: everything was rather stable and the original scan reports showed that my treatment was in fact working. The "larger-denser" mass continues to be radiation scarring which can often be mistaken as a tumor. This mis-diagnosis had happen to me back in Nov 2016 and is called Radiation Fibrosis. And the benefit in having a PET scan from which to compare these CT-scans gives us better information: to build a better picture of the situation. 


Hello-Hello-Hello.
In the end, the metabolic activity actually dropped a few points since Oct 2018, there are NO new mets in the brain, and my overall outlook is stable, which is winning the fucking lotto for cancer patients. Add the proverbial icing on the cake: my latest blood biopsy resulted in being NED: No Evidence Detected, which is pretty much being kissed by God.

A High Five is cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment