Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Beginning III - May 2016

My continued “Rest” period, well, continued. We were rolling into May 2016 and high on life. Work projects were coming in at a steady pace and the Apple Watch venture began to expand towards Android products. I began designing exclusive digital timepieces that would be featured on the latest wearable’s that began to emanate on the scene last year. I named my brand “Padron”, after my grandfather, and they were somewhat popular. I had always wanted to create homage to my family and this seemed like the most excellent way. Plus, the extra money was a great incentive too! And mid-way the shit hit the fan…



I got a cease & desist letter from the trademarked owner of the Padron brand. It seems a small company was actually already creating real watches using the brand in the East Coast. And I got very disappointed. More so due to lack of diligence on my end for not verifying before, and having already created 10 watch-faces that now I would need to edit put me in a very bad anger state. And at this same time I started developing a deep cough that I attributed to the heavy alcoholic drinking I started doing to relieve stress. I wasn't living the most healthy lifestyle and I thought I would power thru all this. Yet, the nasty cough persisted.

Mid May I woke up to some blood tinged phlegm that freaked me out. About 10 days had passed since I was prescribed anti-biotics, but the deep cough kept on. Finally, my PCP ordered a chest x-ray for May 19th.



Friday May 20th, 4pm I was at KABAM about to enter a meeting:

Sencha

•Dr Meltzer: “Alex, we found a spot in your upper left lung lobe area and we’ll need to get a CT scan”
•Me: “A what…?”
•Dr Meltzer: “your chest x-ray is showing a spot in your lung…”


a spot in your lung…”
a spot in your lung…”
a spot in your lung…”
a spot in your lung…
a spot in your lung…”
a spot in your lung…”
a spot in your lung…”

No comments:

Post a Comment